Sunday, December 5, 2010

Small waters Big fishing



With an ever changing up and down economy, many of us have felt the hurt of trying to follow our passion of bass fishing. Many major corporations have taken a downturn along with us as consumers  and the money we invest has become very slim. I’ve followed the old golden rule of if there is a will, there is a way. With that said, I did my homework, and purchased a new Alumacraft and began to build a full custom reservoir boat. This was a pretty cheap investment in construction, doing everything myself from paint, flooring and add ons such as trolling motors, batteries and a reputable Humminbird unit.  It has been a fun build, I completed the construction around mid March, and from there I was ready to hit the water. I did some research, found some very quality fisheries in my area, and also found a few traveling tournament series that operate much like their counterparts. For someone looking to pursue a professional career in tournament fishing and can also help the serious angler fine tune his skills, test some new lures or just simply get away from the pressure of everyday life for a much cheaper investment. Aluminum johnboat fishing is a key component all around for those wanting to spend a little and learn a lot on smaller waters where the fishing pressure isn’t bad, and the payoff for a trophy bass is quite great. Give it a try if haven’t already, a lot of fun and a little money, hit up the small waters for some big fishing.

By Cale Milam

No comments:

Post a Comment