Monday, January 24, 2011

Peppergrass Tips

Peppergrass is similar to hydrilla in that your lures will get wrapped. My favorite all time lure for peppergrass is the spinnerbait in chartreuse and white (willow gold/Colorado silver). Use a good trailer to bulk up the bait.This is a deadly method for Florida bass.

I start by casting to the outside of the peppergrass line and work it right inot the peppergrass. You can also throw the spinnerbait into pockets and use a steady retrieve. Most of the hits will come as you 1st enter the peppergrass line with the spinnerbait or as you work it over a pocket.

Another method I have been successful with is flippin or pitching the stalks with a worm. I don't use a heavy weight, usually just a 1/4 ounce. Work the worm into pockets and in the heavier stalks. See my technique on flippin to get a better understanding of what the bite will feel like.


BY: Gordon Holman

No comments:

Post a Comment