Monday, April 18, 2011

Where is Spring?

Like any fisherman, I keep a close eye on the forecast, waiting for Spring to arrive. Here a few weeks ago, we had the perfect scenario play out, the two weeks before my planned trip, the weather stayed consistently in the high 60's during the day and mid to low 50's at night. Then came the perfect Saturday, close to 60 in the morning, high of 75 that day. Wind was light, around 5-7mph, stellar! I hit the water, ready to power fish, mentally thinking the fish were starting to pull up. Boy was I wrong, I had a hard time, and eventually slowed way down. I talked with a lot of other guys who anticipated a good bite, but everyone was struggling. If you were out for crappie, like a lot of guys, sitting on top of them was the ticket. Lesson learned, I was rushing t shirt and shorts weather a bit too soon. With Winter still showing its face, I'm gonna keep a watch, look at potential spawning areas and keep grinding. Come on Spring!

By: Cale Milam

No comments:

Post a Comment