Monday, February 7, 2011

Cold weather blues

I have recently made a few trips out in the cold weather to see if I could pick off a few sluggish largemouths in this cooler weather. I must say, in all honesty its been tough mentally and physically. I've done quite a bit of research, looking into patterning what I think would be the common approach to finding and catching fish. A lot of the normal techniques grubs,spoons, big jigs, jerkbaits and a bit of mixed in gut approaches provided me with a case of "haulin water". Where most would give up and wait it out for warmer weather, I took the time to learn its tough fishing, which is a no-brainer and a weakness that I need to work on to become better. In this case, back to the drawing board, and try again. Until next time, we"ll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment